Paid search is the term used for advertising on a website that requires advertisers to pay in order to see their ad. Some examples of paid search include Google AdWords, Linked In’s InMail Ads, and Facebook. This advertising can take many forms: text ads, banners, and even video ads.
The term “organic search” is used to describe the search results on a specific website that are not paid for by advertisers. In many cases, Google ranks organic search results based solely on the quantity of incoming searches.
Paid search can be much more expensive than organic search. It’s not uncommon for firms in the paid search industry to spend upwards of 3 to 5 times what companies that use organic search do. Even if a firm uses both paid and organic search together, some firms may see decreases in their revenue as a result of how much they spend on paid search.
Many firms think paid means better. While the fact is that paid search can provide cost-effective results, the quality of these results can vary greatly depending on how many advertisers a website attracts. The more unique and reputable advertisers a firm has, the higher their organic search rankings may be.
It’s important to look at all the factors that go into how high a website’s organic search rankings are. Professional SEOs typically recommend a 3 step process of fixing any search engine issues that a website has:
- Step 1: Get an organic search audit done by a local professional SEO. This is a service that many firms provide.
- Step 2: Start fixing any issues with the back end of your website. This is where you’ll need to start implementing changes, such as changing default keywords and revising URLs.
- Step 3: Work on improving the quality of your backlinks. The more backlinks a site has, the higher it’s rankings.
As you can see, it’s extremely important to look at all the factors that go into your site’s search engine rankings. You cannot assume your website is fixed simply because you spent money on paid search.
Difference Between Paid And Organic Search
The main differences between paid and organic search are:
- Paid search involves companies paying for their ads to be seen by people searching online.
- Paid search helps to brand awareness, reach more and more people.
- Paid search rankings are based on the amount of money an advertiser is willing to spend.
- Organic search occurs when a website’s search engine rankings are determined by the amount of traffic it receives.
- Organic search rankings are based on a website’s reputation and credibility.
- Organic search ranking drives almost 100% more traffic than paid traffic.
On a lot of levels, paid search and organic search can both be extremely valuable for companies in different ways. Whenever a company is deciding which type of search to use, they should always take all factors into account before making that decision.
Hire Best SEO agency in Hyderabad India that help you to increase ranking, traffic, promoting and grow the business significantly.
Related Article – Why should you hire a SEO Agency for your Brand?
About the author
George Chacko is the founder of SEO Parrots he has worked on various SEO and google ads projects and helped clients to achieve their marketing goals. He has an experience of more than 10+ years of in digital marketing. SEO Parrots is an SEO Company in Agency India, offering Digital Marketing Services like SEO, SEM, SMM, and ORM at best price.